Friday, May 09, 2008

Tripping in India and Pakistan

Yep, you read that right! I am back in India. Not really sure how that happened! But at this moment I am in the Australian High Commission in Delhi using their internet while I wait for the Pakistan Embassy to open. It is a few hours yet, but they will throw me out by lunch time, which is another 2 hours away and then it is 1.5 hours after that before Pakistan opens.

So my trip starts Tuesday, hopefully by then I will have a Pakistan visa. I will lodge this arvo and if they approve then it will be 2 days to process. If not, the boss has one and she is arriving Monday and she can run the trip. We have one pax, a Swiss man, will be hilarious with just the 3 of us.

So we are going to the Pakistan border to watch the closing ceremony again, so that will be fun, hopefully not raining this time and maybe get a seat closer to the front. Then Thur we go into Pakistan and travel around, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi and some other places I've never heard of. We go on the Karakorm highway which is a high pass that goes into China. Our first night in China apparently you can't book a hotel, so you have to just go find rooms. That is ok now, there is only 3 of us, but can't imagine how annoying that will be when I have 16 pax!

It is 2 weeks, those of you who hear from me semi-regularly, don't expect any emails as apparently internet is not good there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home